Positive Parenting is Powerful,
Yet Easy Parenting
Hi, and welcome!
Positive parenting is powerful, yet easy parenting - neatly captures my approach to parenting in general:• First of all, rest reassured, positive parenting isn't indulgent parenting or 'all pink and fluffy' with no grasp on reality. Rather, it's the other way around:
• This parenting style is focused on what really works for both your child and for you.
• And when parenting really works it is often when we just follow our common sense along with our strong gut feeling.
• When we manage to do that, parenting is in fact very simple - everybody can do it!
• But, as we all know, life with babies, toddlers and kids isn't always easy! Everybody - even the most resourceful of moms - needs support, new inspiration, practical tips and parenting advice at some point or other.
That is want I want to do on these positive parenting pages - I wish to provide you with: • Useful, reflective parenting insights into different parenting styles, child development and the psychology of children.
• Positive parenting advice based on solid experience.
• Practical parenting tips on everything from baby separation anxiety - breastfeeding - potty training and sleeping issues to simple guidelines to respectfully handle toddler tantrums and child discipline matters.
My ultimate goal is to do it in a way that will: • Empower you to trust your gut feeling and focus on WHAT ACTUALLY WORKS for you and your child.
Sometimes I'll suggest methods that may seem very logical to you, but sometimes they may also seem somewhat funny or unorthodox, but hey ... as long as the parenting advice works, you feel it's right for you, and your child is happy in the process ... who cares, right?
We're All in This Parenting Business Together - Let's Make This Work
I have more good news for you: You are not alone in this.
There are many devoted parenting allies out there just like you. In time as this site matures, you will be able to share your own insights, wisdom and parenting skills with everyone else ... right here, on these pages.
Also, I am here: Your positive parenting ally.
Please note that I'm not here to teach you.
Even though I am a cultural anthropologist with academic insights into human behaviour, psychology, and consciousness, I won't bore you with long academic speeches that are miles away from your hands-on reality - most of what you read on these pages will have a firm root in experience, typically my own as a mother.
My primary role as an anthropologist is not taking anything for granted. As a mother, I do the same thing. But the tools are different. As an anthropologist I question norms, rules and theories with my mind; as a mother I do it with my gut feeling and instinct.
With the tools of both a scientist and a mother my aim is to respectfully open parenting possibilities and encourage you.
I'm not without opinions, but you, of course, choose the direction you want for you and your child.
I will provide you with practical parenting advice that suggests ways to easily and successfully deal with breastfeeding, potty training, crying babies, bedtime rituals, tooth brushing, and the like.
Once again, these positive parenting tips are not teachings! They are helpful suggestions!
You are in power, you chose or you discard. Your choice! Always!
Ready? Okay, Fasten Your Seatbelt
So if you're ready to embark on a wonderful journey of self discovery while raising your child in a spirit of consciousness and love ...
... please go on, skim, read, devour, or whatever your mood, temperament or ambition dictates, these pages about positive parenting and other related subjects such as attachment parenting.
Not everything will be, you know, serious stuff. There will also be 'lighter' pages with beautiful breastfeeding art and photo galleries and funny kids' quotes ideal for the coffee break.
So please, stay tuned.
This site is all newborn. Lots of stuff - serious, inspirational, hopefully enlightening - and absolutely not to forget, fun - is on it way as you read these words.
If you're curious to know more about me, your positive parenting ally, you're welcome to read more about me by going here.
Your Positive Parenting Ally,
Go to the top of this homepage
- Site Blog on Parenting
- Here's what's new at Positive-Parenting-Ally.com. Keep up-to-date with all news, additions & changes to this website. You can also subscribe to the news (RSS) here.
- Site Map for Positive-Parenting-Ally.com
- Find all the pages of Positive-Parenting-Ally.com here. Welcome!
- A Powerful Positive Parenting Recipe for Empowering Kids
- The power of positive parenting is that it is empowering kids and parents to live out their full potential. Discover the true power of the Mirror Effect!
- Attachment Parenting - an Easy, Intuitive Parenting Style
- Attachment parenting or intuitive parenting is so simple: Doing what is needed! Get deep insights into attachment theory and practical parenting advice.
- Unconditional Parenting: A Radical Parenting Style of Loving Unconditionally
- Interested in unconditional parenting because you want your kids to feel unconditionally loved? Great! It all starts with meeting their needs and reviewing your own child discipline ideas!
- Parenting Styles History & Essence: Diana Baumrind's 3 Paradigms
- Read about the evolution of the most dominant parenting styles in the Western world as they were coined by developmental psychologist Diana Baumrind.
- Your Parenting Style Defined: What Determines It and Why!
- Find out how your parenting style is influenced by factors such as cultural paradigms, socioeconomic status, your own and your child's personality.
- Famous Parenting Experts and Child Developmental Psychologists
- Info on famous parenting experts and child development psychologists and their theoretical contributions to child developmental psychology and parenting styles.
- Good Parenting Skills for Conscious and Open-Minded Parents
- Find high-level, good parenting skills that both expand your view on parenting and really work in practice? See my advice for the conscious, open-minded parent!
- Positive Parenting Article: An Empowering Child Advice Fountain!
- This positive parenting article is a powerful resource of high-level conscious advice and practical tips for moms to truly enrich your experience as a parent!
- Powerful Self Esteem Activities for Children, Toddlers and Babies
- Get a long list of powerful free self esteem activities tailor-made for your child's age - 5 baby exercises, 10 activities for toddlers and 8 for older children!
- All the Developmental Milestones: 6 Stages of Child Development
- Get scientific insights into your child's developmental milestones from birth to teen years. Sharp, yet in-dept info on the 6 stages of child development.
- Fun Games for Kids: Top Tips for Fun Things to Do with Children
- Find tips and instructions on fun games for kids and toddlers. See both fun activities, great learning games or educational things to do with kids.
- 27 Learning Games for Kids: Educational Activities for Body & Brain
- A long list of fun learning games for kids to inspire you at home or in class. These educational games for kids boost their brain and fuel their creativity
- 21 Top Toddler Games: Fun Activities for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- 21 inspiring, educational and fun toddler games tailor-suited your child's age: 7 activities for toddlers of one year, 7 for two-year-olds and 7 for three years+
- All About Positive Parenting Ally
- Your Positive Parenting Ally, Birgitte, is a resourceful ally in the field of positive parenting and parenting advice. Read all about her here.
- Contact Me
- Contact me, Positive Parenting Ally, by e-mail!